15 Best Restaurants Not to be Missed in Paros
Paros cuisine is known for its fresh, locally-sourced ingredients, including seafood, vegetables, and herbs. Here are some of the specialties of Paros cuisine:
- Grilled Octopus – Octopus is a popular seafood dish in Paros, usually marinated with olive oil and lemon juice and grilled over charcoal.
- Marathokeftedes – These are fennel fritters made with fennel, onions, herbs, and cheese, and are typically served as an appetizer or meze.
- Revithada – This is a chickpea stew cooked with onions, garlic, and olive oil, and is a popular dish in Paros.
- Kakavia – This is a traditional Greek fish soup made with a variety of local fish, vegetables, and herbs.
- Kolokythokeftedes – These are zucchini fritters made with zucchini, onions, and herbs, and are usually served as an appetizer or meze.
- Melitinia – These are small cheese pastries made with mizithra cheese and honey, and are a popular dessert in Paros.
- Kremydopita – This is a savory onion pie made with phyllo dough, onions, feta cheese, and herbs.
- Seafood Pasta – Paros is known for its fresh seafood, and seafood pasta dishes are a popular menu item, typically made with locally-caught seafood and homemade pasta.
- Lathira – This is a traditional bread made with barley flour and sesame seeds, and is a staple of the Paros diet.
- Xerotigana – These are sweet, fried dough pastries drizzled with honey and cinnamon, and are a popular dessert in Paros.
Here are 15 of the best restaurants not to be missed in Paros:
- Siparos – This upscale seafood restaurant located in the town of Piso Livadi offers fresh seafood dishes and great views of the Aegean Sea.
- Distrato – This restaurant in the charming village of Naoussa offers a creative menu with modern twists on traditional Greek dishes.
- Almyra Seaside Food & Cocktails – Located in the village of Santa Maria, this beachfront restaurant offers a relaxed atmosphere and great seafood.
- Mouragio – This taverna in the port town of Pounta offers traditional Greek dishes made with locally-sourced ingredients.
- Barbarossa – This beachfront restaurant in the village of Antiparos offers delicious Mediterranean dishes with stunning views of the sea.
- Mediterraneo – This upscale restaurant in Naoussa offers a fusion of Greek and Mediterranean cuisine with a beautiful outdoor terrace.
- Mario Restaurant – This family-owned restaurant in Parikia offers homemade Greek dishes using fresh ingredients from their own garden.
- T’ageri – This restaurant in the village of Prodromos offers traditional Greek dishes and great views of the island.
- Franco’s Café – This café in Naoussa offers delicious breakfast and brunch options, including traditional Greek dishes and homemade pastries.
- Cyclades Taverna – This taverna in the village of Lefkes offers traditional Greek dishes with a beautiful garden terrace.
- Katsounas Fish Tavern – This seafood restaurant in the village of Alyki offers fresh fish and seafood dishes with a beautiful view of the bay.
- Nemo – This beachfront restaurant in the village of Drios offers Mediterranean and Greek dishes with stunning views of the sea.
- To Perasma – This traditional Greek restaurant in Parikia offers authentic dishes made with locally-sourced ingredients.
- Soso – This taverna in the village of Naoussa offers traditional Greek dishes and a beautiful outdoor terrace.
- To Kyma – This seafood restaurant in the village of Aliki offers fresh fish and seafood dishes with great views of the sea.