20 Free Things To Do this Summer in Paros
There are plenty of free activities and attractions to enjoy in Paros during the summer. Here are 20 suggestions for your visit:
- Explore the charming streets of Parikia, the island’s capital.
- Visit the Church of Panagia Ekatontapiliani, a historic Byzantine church in Parikia.
- Wander around the picturesque village of Naoussa and its scenic port.
- Discover the ancient ruins of the Delion Sanctuary in Parikia.
- Relax on the pristine beaches of Golden Beach, Kolymbithres, or Santa Maria.
- Hike the Byzantine Road from Lefkes to Prodromos, a well-preserved ancient path.
- Enjoy the sunset from Kastro, a Venetian fortress in Parikia.
- Attend a free open-air cinema event at Paros Park during the summer.
- Stroll through the charming village of Lefkes, with its traditional architecture and narrow streets.
- Visit the Monastery of Agios Arsenios, a spiritual sanctuary with panoramic views.
- Explore the ancient ruins of the Asclepieion, an ancient healing center dedicated to the god of medicine, Asclepius.
- Discover the local flora and fauna at the Environmental and Cultural Park of Ai-Giannis Detis.
- Admire the picturesque windmills in the village of Marpissa.
- Visit the Frankish Castle, a 13th-century fortress in Parikia.
- Attend the various cultural and religious festivals (Panigiria) that take place throughout the summer.
- Explore the village of Aliki and its small fishing port.
- Visit the Folklore Art Museum of Cycladic Civilization in Marpissa.
- Take a leisurely walk around the scenic fishing village of Piso Livadi.
- Join the traditional “Summer in Paros” event, which showcases local music, dance, and food.
- Visit the Valley of the Butterflies (Petaloudes), a lush habitat for various butterfly species.
These free activities will help you make the most of your Paros vacation while immersing yourself in the island’s history, culture, and natural beauty.