10 things to do in 3 days in Zakynthos
- Navagio Beach (Shipwreck Beach): Visit the iconic Shipwreck Beach, accessible only by boat, with its dramatic cliffs and turquoise waters. The rusty shipwreck on the white sand adds to the unique beauty of this spot.
- Blue Caves: Explore the stunning Blue Caves by boat, known for their mesmerizing azure waters and unique rock formations. The caves are best visited in the morning when the sunlight creates a magical glow.
- Keri Caves: Discover the Keri Caves, a series of natural caves and rock formations along the coast. You can swim, snorkel, or scuba dive in the crystal-clear waters or simply enjoy a boat tour.
- Marathonisi (Turtle Island): Visit Marathonisi, a small, uninhabited island known for its turtle-shaped coastline and as a nesting ground for the endangered loggerhead sea turtles. Enjoy the pristine beaches or go snorkeling in the surrounding waters.
- Zakynthos Town: Stroll through Zakynthos Town, the island’s capital, and admire the Venetian architecture, visit museums, and dine in local tavernas. Don’t miss the Church of St. Dionysios, the patron saint of the island.
- Bochali Viewpoint: Head to the Bochali Viewpoint for a panoramic view of Zakynthos Town and its harbor. Visit the nearby historic Venetian Castle for a glimpse into the island’s past.
- Banana Beach: Relax on Banana Beach, one of the island’s largest and most popular beaches. With its golden sands and clear waters, it’s an excellent spot for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports.
- Xigia Beach: Take a dip in the sulfur-infused waters of Xigia Beach, known for their therapeutic properties. The natural springs create a unique experience as the sulfur and collagen in the water are believed to help with various skin ailments.
- Village of Agios Leon: Visit the traditional village of Agios Leon, situated in the heart of Zakynthos. Wander the charming streets, explore the local shops, and enjoy a meal at a traditional taverna.
- Olive Oil Tasting: Zakynthos is known for its high-quality olive oil production. Visit a local olive grove or oil mill for a tour and tasting experience to learn about the process and sample some of the island’s finest products.
These are just a few of the many activities and experiences Zakynthos has to offer. With three days on the island, you’ll be able to enjoy a mix of relaxation, exploration, and adventure.